Who we are
Computer Resources is an IT service company providing computer repair, virus removal, tune-ups, upgrades, backup regimens, parental controls, networking, personal tutoring and more to the mid-Hudson Valley area, and beyond using remote support.
Our goal is to provide the competent service you need, at prices you can afford, with integrity.
Give us a call at 845.418.6084 to discuss your needs. Also visit us at www.compu-rez.com
- Lock in your 25GB free cloud storage
- Clean your RAM for ultimate speed!
- Act NOW to give your computer maximum resale value
- Tune up IE9 to work faster and better for you
- Free local encryption of cloud storage: a second candidate
- Does your web browser serve you well?
- Three years of web hosting – free!
- Give your computer a self-test BEFORE it goes off warranty
- Free phone calls in the US and Canada through 2012
- Sharpen your anti-phishing skills with this quiz
- Redneck tech glossary
- Make web pages readable to avoid eyestrain
- Back up your computer to prevent a data loss disaster
- Secure, free online backup
Free encrypted cloud storage
If you're looking for a good storage site, I've tried a few and like SugarSync the best. It's simple, transfer rates are good, and it works. File management is easy, unlike some other sites. Their utility runs in the background, and will automatically sync designated folders to your online space, and with other machines on your network.
They give 5GB of space for free, but if you use this referral link, both you and I will get an extra 500MB of space.
And now, if you add SecretSync to it, you get a 2GB subset of space, encrypted BEFORE it leaves your machine. See my article here for full details.
Category Archives: hardware
I just made an amazing discovery. A friend brought in a computer than suddenly had stopped booting. It was a laptop that powered up, but then died without ever showing the BIOS splash screen. The machine was six years old, … Continue reading
Recently a laptop came in with a broken screen. As I made preparations to replace the screen, I hooked up an external monitor to check the rest of the machine’s health. I found that it was freezing shortly after booting … Continue reading